Here are some links to resources and services we think you’ll find useful.
- Our team! We are here to offer careers information and advice throughout the year. You can book an appointment (offered face-to face, via phone or SKYPE) come to a drop in session, take part in one of our online Q&A sessions in term time, or call into the main desk to get help.
- Our website – full of useful information including job search, applications support, information resources, opportunities for experience, job sector information, relevant work experience and lots more. Includes links to specific information for international students.
- UKCISA and University of York Immigration Advice Service – both help you understand the rules and regulations for staying in the UK and provide information for those returning home
- Careers Gateway – our database of vacancies, event information and appointment booking. You can also use it to ask questions through the queries section – particularly useful if you are not in the UK.
- York Profiles and Mentors platform – what have other international graduates from York gone on to do? Read their career stories and make contact through the system if you think they can help you with the career plans.
- Going Global – on online resource (log in with your Uni log in details) which contains global career information including:
job search information, labour market information, profiles of top companies, trade and professional body details, business support resources, immigration and visa requirements, CV and application writing guides, interview and cultural advice.
- Gradlink is an online resource that helps international students learn about live graduate jobs and connect with global employers. There are sections covering a number of individual countries, careers advice, events and case studies.
- Targetjobs has useful information whether you are thinking of staying in the UK to work, or working outside the UK.
- Job search engines – Indeed and Careerjet are 2 of the job search engines you can use – these list millions of jobs from thousands of websites, recruitment agencies, company career sites, job boards etc.
- Global Careers Company – a specialist recruitment consultancy specialising in jobs based in Africa, MENA, Asia and Central Europe.
- Lockin China – an organisation working to link Chinese students and graduates studying overseas with employers in China
Do you have other suggestions? Let us know if there are other sites you find useful so we can share them.
Important: Links to external resources does not imply our endorsement of services – please check all details carefully to ensure information is relevant to your needs.